Six Progressive Circles of Bible Teaching
FIRST CIRCLE: ETERNITY PAST
1. The Triune God exists: The Father, The Word, The Holy Spirit.
2. The slaying of the Son of God for sinners (first laid plan of God)
3. Satan rebels during Heavenly worship; is cast out with 1/3 of the Angels
4. God’s creation plan for man (“Let US make man in Our image”)
5. The salvation plan for man (John 3:16)
6. the predestination of the elect for future blessings (based on the foreknowledge of God)
7. God's over all purpose: all shall know He is God, and be blessed.
SECOND CIRCLE: TIME BEGINS
1. Creation of the world, including Adam and Eve
2. Satan tempts; Adam and Eve sin and die spiritually and physically
3. God preaches the Gospel to Adam and Eve. They and Abel believe and live. Cain disobeys, dies.
4. God destroys the sinful world by flood, except for righteous Noah and his family.
5. Noah offers sacrifice post flood, God pleased, vows never to flood the world again, even though sinners will abound. Rainbow is His seal.
6. Noah's son disrespects him and is cursed (not eternally)
7. God confuses languages at Tower of Babel to disperse the people to populate all the earth.
THIRD CIRCLE: GOD CALLS ABRAHAM,
MAKES COVENANT WITH HIM,
FORMS THE NATION ISRAEL
1. God calls Abraham to the Promised Land. God gives him a Covenant with promises, some only for Jews, some for all people
2. Abraham learns faithfulness, offers Isaac, is known as the friend of God. Isaac continues bearing witness of the true God in Canaan.
3. Jacob becomes “Israel”, and preceded by Joseph, goes into Egypt, sheltered 400 years, grows large, becomes enslaved to a cruel Pharaoh.
4. God delivers Israel, causes Egypt to pay them for their slave labor, gives them the Law, leads them back to the Promised Land by Moses
5. Israel rebels against taking the land, severely reproved for 40 years. Finally obey God and enter the land under Joshua after Moses dies.
6. Israel fails to fully occupy the land; God uses Judges and Gentile nations to repeatedly correct Israel. Samuel is chosen to guide unruly Israel.
7. Israel rebels and demands an earthly king. God allows the people to choose Saul. Saul fails to fully obey God and is rejected.
FOURTH CIRCLE: STRONG ISRAEL UNDER DAVID,
DIVIDED AFTER SOLOMON’S SIN.
CHRIST IS COMING!
1. King Saul and Jonathan die in battle.Turmoil within the nation, but God makes it clear David is to be King. David does not manipulate.
2. Israel established as a strong Kingdom under God’s choice, King David. The 12 Tribes are united, prosper under David's strong leadership.
3. David desires to build a temple for God after his restoration from sin. God says "no". David humbly stockpiles material for Temple.
4. After David's death, King Solomon, gifted with God’s wisdom, helps Israel to prosper, builds magnificent temple.
5. Solomon's heart is led from God to idols by his foreign wives. As a result, the Kingdom is split into North/South factions after his death.
6. Israel continues as the Kingdom of Judah (Northern) and Kingdom of Israel (Southern) under various kings. Both eventually went AWOL.
7. Prophets main prophecy? Christ is coming, and Israel, though unfaithful and chastised for it, will yet rule the nations in peace under King Jesus.
FIFTH CIRCLE: ISRAEL’S KING IS BORN,
ISRAEL CRUCIFIES HIM,
HE LIVES AGAIN,
THE CHURCH IS BORN
1. Jesus conceived in the virgin Mary, only begotten of God, born sinless
2. Although God, Christ voluntarily serves God the Father as His Servant, by the power of the Holy Spirit
3. Jesus, though tempted in all ways, never sins, proves by miraculous works He is of God, rebukes false teachers, teaches God's truth.
4. Many Jews believe Him, but leaders of Israel officially reject and crucify Him. God holds the nation responsible for this crime.
5. Christ atones for all sin, rises from the dead to build His church through His Apostles, the Holy Spirit and the Word of God. Israel temporarily set aside.
6. Christ returns to Heaven, Holy Spirit comes on believers, the Church is born, an event unforeseen by the Old Testament Prophets.
7. Holy Spirit baptizes Jewish believers into a spiritual body, 3000 Jews saved. Apostles instruct them daily. Great joy!
SIXTH CIRCLE: CHURCH FLOURISHES,
MILLENNIAL KINGDOM BEGINS
GREAT WHITE THRONE JUDGMENT
NEW HEAVEN AND NEW EARTH
NEW JERUSALEM COMES TO NEW EARTH,
SINLESS ETERNITY WITH GOD ENSUES
1. Persecution begins as believers are added to the church. Peter the first to preach to the Gentiles.
2. Saul converted, becomes Apostle to the Gentiles, given the full church revelation directly from Christ,Church completed, raptured.
3 Tribulation begins, many converted, martyred. World-wide persecution of Jews, God pours out various expressions of His wrath on sinners.
4. Christ returns, rescues and converts Israel, He chains Satan in the abyss, judges the Gentile nations; destroys the goats, welcomes the sheep.
5. Gentile believers treated just like Jews as God promised by the Prophets and thus fulfilling the promise Abraham would bless all families.
6. Millennial reign of Christ; righteousness and peace in the whole earth. Satan loosed at the end, forms army of rebels, destroyed by Christ.
6. Christ judges the wicked at the Great White Throne, sends them to the Lake of Fire forever.
7. New heavens and new earth created; New Jerusalem comes.to new earth from Heaven. Eternity of bliss with Lord Jesus Christ and all believers.