slick, acerbic tongue, whiplash, gash|
non-returnable if empty
better to let it fester than to hash
it out in reality
i often wonder
of my brothers
lost all the same
is the light
in the darkness
harness your courage and encourage
willing followers to yearn
extracting knowledge, like enfleurage
soaking in, ready to learn
Couple a notes
1. Enfleurage is a process that uses odorless fats that are solid at room temperature to capture the fragrant compounds exuded by plants. The process can be "cold" enfleurage or "hot" enfleurage. (trying out a new simile here)
2. Harkness table - The Harkness table, Harkness method, or Harkness discussion is a teaching and learning method involving students seated in a large, oval configuration to discuss ideas in an encouraging, open-minded environment with only occasional or minimal teacher intervention.
3. The contest didn't really state if I had to follow a specific rhyme scheme, it just said the poem had to rhyme. So I sort of played with the actual formatting a bit.
4. All capitalization choices were on purpose, especially 'i'
5. This piece is about encouraging the people around you to learn rather than using your knowledge to debase them (something I was personally guilty of in my youth). Learning should be a shared, open experience, even when people disagree. This is too often lost in today's world.
Thanks for reading :)