You are using an outdated version. Writing will not be shown properly in many cases. Click here to use the current version.
Fast! Three Questions.
Already a member?
| Category: || General Fiction |
Posted:|| January 11, 2019 Views: 57|
Chapter 3 of the book Earl's Book of Lists 2
Lists People have submitted
"More Lists Plus Contributed Lists"
by Earl Corp
A book of wacky lists you can add to. I had to disable the other one I didn't check the right box.
Musical Devices That Have Come and Gone in My Lifetime
1. 45 records- I loved 45s
2. 8 track tapes- these disappeared over night.
3. Cassette tapes- I actually thought these would never disappear, I still have 400 if anyone is interested.
4. Walkman players- These were great for exercising with.
5. Long Play record albums- I never thought these would go away.
* On the endangered list-CDs, digital music and the Cloud is making them obsolete.
Dangerous Things I Did When I was a Kid
1. Drank water out of a garden hose- Today water has to be run through 3 filtration systems and be bottled before kids can drink it.
2. Rode a bicyle without a helmet- Heaven forbid if somebody falls and gets a boo boo.
3. Walked to school by myself- I think my mom hoped I'd get snatched.
4. Sold stuff door to door- This is considered simply offering your kid up to a pervert nowadays.
5. Carried a pocket knife- We all did, and there weren't any mass stabbings
Reader Submitted Lists
5 Things Army Wives Should Know
1. Join a wives group. Be friendly. It offers friendships and opportunities to know other families .
2. Travel the area where you have been assigned. Do not miss your opportunities to
Sightsee while you are there... you may not come back that way again.
3. Get to know your Army Post quickly... your hubby is at work and you are on your
own to find where you need to be, especially when he is deployed.
4. Learn to share recipes, even if you do not cook much, it is a great way to start a
conversation and get to know someone
5. Learn to spot the clues.. for example, when a green beret comes home from work
wearing a camouflage cap, it is a sign he is going on a mission within a few hours
he is not allowed to talk about it with anyone. It is the wife's only clue.
--Submitted by Sugarray77
1. Bee Gees-"Stayin' Alive."
2. Surfaris-"Wipe Out."
3.Alabama -"Roll On."
4. Blackfoot -"Highway Song."
5. The Rolling Stones-"Route 66."
6.Survivor -"Eye of the Tiger."
7. Chuck Berry -"Johnny Bee Goode."
1. "The Da Vinci Code" by Dan Brown.
2. "Stones from the River" by Ursula Hegi
"Plato." "Epictetus." "Marcus." "Aurelius." "Marlowe" "Dana." "Poe" "Shakespeare."
1."Alas for the rarity
Of Christian charity
Under the sun!" --Thomas Hood
2. "No man was ever so much deceived by another as by himself."--Greville
3. "He hath riches sufficient, who hath enough to be charitable."--Sir Thomas Browne
4. "As riches and favor forsake a man, we discover him to be a fool, but nobody could find it out in his prosperity."--La Bruyere
5. "The devil knew not what he did, when he made man politic."--Shakespeare
6. "Blessed are the peacemakers, for they shall be called the children of God."--St. Matthew
7. "Poets are all who love--who feel great truths--And tell them." Bailey
-- Submitted by WryWriter
Books I'd take to a deserted island?
1. How to Make Friends and Influence People by Norman V Peale
2. 2019 Almanac Dell Publishing
3. Moby Dick by Herman Melville
4. War and Peace by Leo Tolstoy
5. Robinson Crusoe by Daniel Defoe
Songs on a scoot playlist?
1. Innagadadavida by Iron Butterfly
2. Free Bird by Lynnard Skinard
3. Ramblin' Man by Allman Brothers
4. American Pie by Don McLean
5. Up Around the Bend by CCR
Sayings that survived my discharge?
1. Flippin' A skippy.
2. Shiny as a diamond in a goat's ass
4. Every day a holiday; every meal a feast
5. First to fight; last to leave
-- Submitted by Bill Schott
1. The Mulligan by Nathan Jorgenson.
2. Stranger in a Strange Land by Robert Heinlein.
3. Dune by Frank Herbert.
4. Illusions: The Adventures of a Reluctant Messiah by Richard Bach.
5. The JRR Tolkien trillogy to include the Hobbit.
1. One Particular Harbor by Jimmy Buffet
2. Still Crazy After All These Years by Paul Simon
3. He Went to Paris by Jimmy Buffet
4. Georiga on My Mind by Willie Nelson
5. The Weight by The Band.
1. Bad trip
3. Right On
--Submitted by Rob Caudle
Please add on to this let's see how far we can get. To submit, hit the add chapter button for multi authors then submit. If you can't find the button send me your list and I'll add it when I add another list.
and 2 member cents.
© Copyright 2016.
All rights reserved.
has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
|You need to login or register to write reviews.|
It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.
Interested in posting your own writing online? Click here to find out more.
Write a story or poem and submit your work to receive reviews on your writing. Publish short stories on our book writing site and enter the monthly contests. Guaranteed reviews for everything you write and you will be ranked. Information.